Things you will need:
1. An Email Account. If you don’t have one, click on my Google menu link above and I’ll get you started.
2. A Name (preferably your own, you can get into some trouble for taking someone else’s name).
3. A Birthday. If you haven’t had a birthday yet, you probably are not old enough to be using Facebook
Once you have these things ready to go, follow these steps:
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com and fill out the sign-up form. If you want to keep this browser window open while you sign up, try clicking http://www.facebook.com with your Right-Side mouse button, or if you are on a Macintosh hold down the Control-key while you push the mouse button, and choose the option to open the link in a New Window.
2. Open your email message from Facebook.com and click the link to verify your account. Make sure that the message came from facebook.com. If it didn’t come from facebook, it might be a fake message and you probably should delete it.
3. Click on your name at the top-right of the page and this will take you to your personal page. On the left side you will see an empty spot for your profile photo. Click on Info below this.
4. <– Look for this. It says Work and Education, on the right end of the gray bar you will see an Edit link. Click on Edit, and you will have some boxes that you can type into. All of this information is purely optional, you do not have to put anything in here at all if you are no comfortable doing so. However, the less information you share with other people, they less they will know about you. I like to list my work, interests, music, favorite quotes. People can get to know you better if you tell them about yourself in your profile. Be sure to check out my article on Facebook Privacy too.